Based in EU reporting to head office in Kitchener, ON Canada
Working as a remote member of a team in the Kitchener office, you will use your industry experience to work with customers and the engineering services teams to ensure PEER projects are successfully installed and integrated at the customer site.
What’s the challenge?
This role interacts with every function in the engineering group and may have interaction with Sales, customers and prospective customers. This role will require significant travel.
- Interpret solution level design.
- Participate in installation, implementation and integration of software into the customer system.
- Provide onsite testing and participate in bug fixes.
- Provide customer support following the integration.
- Design, develop and code application components using C# in Windows environments.
- Learn new software languages and technologies as required to integrate software and provide support.
- Interact with customers and management.
- Your leader is the Director, Engineering Services.
- You may work with a large team or several smaller teams including Software Development Managers, Developers, Quality Assurance and Information Developers.
- You may help Sales and Applications Engineering by providing technical expertise to create project bids.
- Travel to customer sites within Europe to ensure PEER solutions are installed and integrated successfully.
- When not travelling, you will help develop solutions as part of a project team or help the support team by looking at customer issues, triaging, or fixing issues.
- Meet with Sales, Customers and the team during the project planning to develop a schedule for project deliverables and milestones.
- Be involved in all the phases of the software engineering process – from functional specs and design, to software development and unit testing, to functional quality assurance testing followed by installation at the customer site.
- Respond to changes in deliverables, resources and timelines.
- Plan for installation, implementation, and integration of software at the customer location.
- Ensure all processes and standards are followed.
- Meet regularly with the Software Development Manager (SDM) to report on project status, completion of milestones, change requests, project risk and customer issues.
- Stay in contact with customers to report on project status and gather feedback regarding issues.
- Respond to changing needs with a new plan.
- Flex your communication style to deal with many different personality types.
- 40% travel to customer sites and on-site work. Must be legally able to immediately travel within Europe as required.